Note: For Bluetooth pairing no additional software is required, it is fully handled by Windows.
Again: There is no need to install the Magic Utilities to pair your device.
Prepare for pairing
In case you have constant issues, follow this comprehensive guide.
If your trackpad was already paired with another computer make sure this computer is not turned on or you have removed the trackpad from this computer.
Magic Trackpad 2 (with Lightning plug to recharge)
- Make sure your Magic Trackpad 2 is charged. Charging it for 5-10 minutes should be enough.
A new Magic Trackpad 2 is already charged by Apple.
- Turn your Magic Trackpad 2 (off and) on at the right back side of the trackpad.
Magic Trackpad 1 (with 2x AA batteries)
- Make sure you have two charged AA batteries inserted at the bottom of your trackpad.
- Turn your trackpad on by holding the power button and wait until the little green light above the power switch is blinking.
(Sometimes you need to release the power button and press and hold it again).
Pair your Magic Trackpad
- On Windows right click on your Bluetooth icon in the taskbar and choose Add a Bluetooth device.
If you can't see the Bluetooth icon it might be hidden. Click on the little up arrow on the right side of the taskbar.If there is still no Bluetooth icon it might be removed from the taskbar icons. Search Windows for Bluetooth settings or Add a device or refer to your Windows Help System on how to add a device.
- Select your Magic Trackpad from the devices listed, it can take a little while until the trackpad appears.
- Depending on your Windows version click Pair or Next. Wait and follow the instructions.
If a code is requested while pairing enter 0000.
Once the Magic Trackpad is paired it should work as a generic mouse.
Moving one finger moves the cursor. Left click can be performed by pressing on the surface until you get haptic feedback.
If you can move the trackpad pointer on the screen it's time to install the Magic Utilities.
Note: If pairing doesn't work in the first place, installing the Magic Utilities does not help either.