Quick summary: Important changes since version 22.214.171.124:
The Driver ↔ App communication has been rewritten to resolve device re-connection issues. With this new approach the apps should always detect any connected devices. Any workarounds like "Reinstall device driver" should be a thing of the past.
- The Driver menu has been simplified. Redundant settings are now hidden, select Advanced driver settings to bring them back.
- Fixed various settings not applied.
- Keyboard: Added Windows main menu.
- Trackpad: Added Press and hold secondary mouse button to 3 finger dragging options.
This release is focusing on rounding the edges of the previous version.
|Download licensed and trial version||Windows support||Download alternative||Version||Release date|
|MagicUtilities-Setup-126.96.36.199c-Win10.exe||Windows 10+11||Download mirror||188.8.131.52c||30 Jan 2021|
|MagicUtilities-Setup-184.108.40.206c-Win78.exe||Windows 7+8||Download mirror|
All applications and drivers
- [DRV-177] * Fixed device showing up in the "Safely remove hardware" menu of the related system-tray icon.
- [DRV-178] + Added device notification to app in case the device is about to removed. This handles cases where the driver gets uninstalled or the device gets removed from an external event.
- [APP-339] + Variant c: Added detection of incompatible "Lenovo Essential Wireless Keyboard" software to setup installer.
Unlike version 220.127.116.11 which was focusing on workarounds, this major release is a complete rewrite of the Driver ↔ App communication to resolve device re-connection issues. With this new approach the app should always detect any connected devices. Any workarounds like "Reinstall device driver" should be a thing of the past.
All applications and drivers
- [DRV-017] + Complete rewrite of Driver ↔ App communication.
Each device instance has now its own communication channel rather than a multiplexed master channel. "Control device" has been renamed to "Driver handler" to reflect this change. All "Wake up" settings are turned off on first application start as they are not required any more.
- [APP-332] * Fixed issue when removing a Bluetooth device which had an active USB connection at the time.
- [APP-334] + All "Wake up" and "Driver handler" menu items are now hidden by default as they should not be required anymore, select Driver > Advanced driver settings to show the menu items again.
- [APP-335] * Fixed app crash when a new drive (like a SD card) became available (version 18.104.22.168 only).
- [APP-331] * Fixed caps lock mapping used the right modifier instead of the left modifier.
- [APP-333] * Fixed wrong image of the large Swedish keyboard layout.
This is a major maintenance release which works around re-connection issues.
The gray text is outdated by version 22.214.171.124.
The Driver main-menu has a new Control device settings sub-menu. The Control device is part of the device driver and is used to communicate with the application. The new menu gives access on when to open and close the Control device and how to proceed on errors. We added these implementation details to have more options available in case of issues.
- [APP-305] * Renamed "Close driver controller on sleep" to Close on: Computer sleep.
- [APP-305] + Added Close on: Restart device and Close on: Reinstall driver. These settings exist since version 126.96.36.199 but were not exposed in the user interface.
- [APP-325] + Added Open on: Magic device arrival only. This means the Control devices will only open when Apple devices are enumerated by Windows. Before the application tried to open the Control device also when other non Apple devices were enumerated. This should create less error logs and may prevent issues on computer wake up.
- [APP-326] + Added automatic error handling in case the Control device can't be opened. This should workaround re-connection issues. Options are either:
- On error: Restart last active device (default and recommended)
- On error: Reinstall device driver
- No selection (not recommended)
- [APP-326] + Added Restart (last active) device driver button to user interface when no device is connected.
- [APP-311] * Added Always update driver settings. These settings exist since version 188.8.131.52 but was not exposed in the user interface. Select this option if any settings are not correctly applied.
- [DRV-173] * Made Control device non exclusive.
- [APP-324] * Fixed exception when a Bluetooth device was removed via the right-click menu.
- [APP-321] * Fixed setup crash on ARM detection when running on Windows 32bit.
- [APP-320] + Added incompatible software detection for "Gigabyte AORUS Engine" in application and setup.
- [APP-319] + Improved security of the Windows service.
- [APP-299, APP-322] * Updated compiler and licencing tools.
- [APP-328] + Added Windows main menu.
- [APP-329] * Fixed Invert small app icons and moved it to the new Windows menu.
- [APP-330] * Fixed visual height of modifier drop-down menus.
- [APP-317] * Fixed bottom button settings not always applied.
- [APP-328] + Added Press and hold secondary mouse button to 3 finger dragging options.
This is a minor maintenance release which fixes another settings issue and handles renaming corner cases better.
- [APP-314] * Fixed Bluetooth driver setting: "Keep connection alive" setting not always stored consistently.
- [APP-316] * Less dialogs if preferred device name and Bluetooth name match.
Page 5 of 12