In general the Magic Utilities Version 3 work as expected.
There are still a few hiccups which are listed below.
Please report your issues using the Send feedback button in the application.
Your feedback helps us to fix these problems.
For reasons we don't know yet, Windows can drop the Bluetooth connection and then re-connects the device again and drops the connection and re-connects again, and so on...
Power cycle your device
We have only three reports so far. What helps is to:
- power off the mouse or trackpad,
- power on again and
- click to re-connect to Bluetooth.
Fresh batteries for Magic Trackpad 1
We have one report that fresh batteries for the Magic Trackpad 1 fixed the re-connection loop.
Driver error - Code 37 after computer restart
A few users reporting that after every computer restart they get a Driver error - Code 37
on Windows 10 - April 2018 Update (Build 17134 - Version 1803) or higher.
- Version 220.127.116.11 does fix the driver error:
Downloads are here.
In Windows 10, sometimes your device is paired, but it doesn't work,
no matter if you have installed the Magic Utilities or not: Another Windows bug!
In Windows > Devices make sure your device is listed in the Mouse, keyboard & pen section. If it's listed in the Other devices section it won't work.
- Delete your device from Other devices and wait a bit.
- Disable the Bluetooth radio
- Enable the Bluetooth radio again.
- Pair your device again.
- Double-check if it's now appearing in the Mouse, keyboard & pen section.