The Magic Utilities offer convenient mouse actions from the Mouse main menu or right click menus.
Removes your paired Bluetooth mouse from Windows. This is useful for a mouse which is not in use any more. It does the same as selecting:
- Windows 10 Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices > Remove device.
An internal device reset is applied so your mouse is configured as it is brand new. Any stored Bluetooth pairing information is deleted and the Bluetooth name is set to default.
In addition this also removes your device from Windows Bluetooth devices, see above.
This action is only available on Bluetooth connections.
The Magic Utilities handles two different device names.
- The Magic Utilities internal name which is shown in the user interface.
- The Bluetooth name which is stored in the actual mouse and shown in Windows 10 Settings > Devices.
If you rename your mouse the new name is:
- Always stored as an internal name.
- If an active Bluetooth device connection is in place, the new name is also stored in the mouse. In addition the mouse is restarted so Windows 10 > Settings becomes aware of that name change.
Suggestion to update the device name
In case there is a mismatch between the internal name and the Bluetooth name, you will be asked if you like to apply the internal name as the Bluetooth name.