Quick summary: Important changes since version 184.108.40.206:
- Enhanced Rename device for Bluetooth connections.
- Added Ignore input if mouse is lifted option to the Magic Mouse.
- Added Full factory reset option for Bluetooth devices.
- Added Update channels.
- Added Move pointer slider to "Mouse Options" for the Magic Trackpad.
- Added up to 3 configurable click areas to the bottom of the Magic Trackpad.
- Added "Restart / Reinstall device driver" actions to the system tray right-click menu.
- Added customizable F16..F19 keys to the Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad.
- Added Remove device option.
- Added Space silver color option to Magic Mouse and Magic Keyboard.
- Added option to Ignore clicks to the Magic Trackpad.
This is maintenance release which adds some new features and works around Windows 10 - 2004 Bluetooth issues.
- [APP-298] + Added Update channels: Stable, Beta and Development. You can switch the update channel in menu with Help > Updates.
- [APP-297] + Fixed issues with some modal dialogs in case there was an expired license.
- [APP-295] * Fixed Windows 10 - 2004 Bluetooth adapter power saving bug. On some Apple MacBooks (and possible other computers) any Bluetooth device just freezes after a short break. In Driver > Bluetooth driver settings there is a new option Keep Bluetooth connection alive which works around this Windows bug.
- [APP-292] * Fixed display of "Device fully charged" notification even it was turned off.
- [APP-289] + Added Full factory reset option for Bluetooth devices. This configures your device as it is new: Removes any Bluetooth pairing information and resets the device Bluetooth name.
- [DRV-014] + Enhanced Rename device for Bluetooth connections. The new name is now stored permanently inside the device and is visible in all Windows device settings.
- [DRV-122] + Added detection if mouse is at a surface or lifted. If lifted there is a new option to ignore all mouse input. This way you can locate your Magic Mouse somewhere else without accidental clicks, scrolling or swipes.
- [APP-293] + Added check if Windows primary and secondary mouse buttons are swapped.
This is normal maintenance release.
- [APP-290] * Fixed issue when detecting if a Bluetooth adapter is capable of user controllable power management.
- [SETUP-21] * Let users of a Galaxy Book S install the Magic Utilities in case they have an x68 processor.
- [SETUP-26] + Test if incompatible software "HP Display Control" is installed and disable by user confirmation.
- [SETUP-27] * Install the Magic Utilities application shortcuts directly to the Windows start menu.
This is a new features release for the Magic Trackpad Utilities. It adds the long anticipated configurable bottom click areas.
- [DRV-31] + Added up to 3 configurable click areas to the bottom of the trackpad. Click the 1, 2 or 3 button for the number of areas, then click in the area to configure the area function.
- [DRV-73] + Any accidental finger movement in these click areas will be ignored, so your thumb can have a rest.
- [APP-284] + The Magic Trackpad images are now dynamically rendered at runtime from vector graphics.
- [APP-286] + Added a Move pointer offset slider to "Mouse Options". You can adjust the sensitivity on how quick the mouse pointer starts moving.
- [APP-287] * Fixed F16-F19 action description where Windows language settings are Unicode based, like Russian or Japanese.
This is a major maintenance release. It fixes the app > driver re-connection issue on wake up and a license issue.
- [APP-280] * Fixed wake up from sleep issue on computers with "Modern Standby". After wake the "Magic Utilities" applications did not reconnect to the device driver.
- [APP-281] * Fixed license issue (regression).
- [DRV-160] * Fixed caps lock mapping to fn didn't work on small keyboards.
- [App-282] * Fixed too large font size on "Key mappings" help popup for the small keyboards.
- [App-283] * Fixed app user interface only party disabled when no device is active or connected.
This is a normal maintenance release. It fixes some regression issues and adds a fully functional Remove device action.
- [APP-279] + Remove device is now fully functional from the Magic Utilities.
- [APP-276] + Added Restart / Reinstall device driver commands to the system tray right-click menu.
- [APP-275] + Added detection of a running "Alienware Command Center" and show a related web help page.
- [APP-273] * Fixed incomplete dialog text when submitting a feedback report.
Mouse + Trackpad
- [APP-278] * Fixed scrolling sensitivity slider which was not really working as expected.
- [SETUP-25] * The Magic Utilities Service is now installed started, stopped and uninstalled by native API calls.
- [SETUP-24] * Fixed new version of MagicUtilities_Console.exe not installed when updating. As a result the Magic Utilities Service did not start.
- [APP-275] + Added detection of a running "Alienware Command Center" with an option to stop and disable it before installing the Magic Utilities.
This is a normal maintenance release. It fixes some issues, adds new features and config options.
- [APP-264] * Signed all files with new EV Code Signing Certificate.
- [APP-265] + Added "Reinstall device driver" button to user interface.
- [APP-266] + Open Windows Registry Editor with full active device path.
- [APP-269] + Added "Remove device" to the Device menus.
- [APP-271] + Added "Open Bluetooth Settings" button to user interface in case no connected device is found.
- [APP-272] * Fixed license trial extension not working (regression from version 220.127.116.11).
- [APP-267] + Added fully customizable F16..F19 keys on the Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad.
- Note: The Magic Keyboard Layouts version 1.10 have been released.
- [APP-259] * Lower default sensitivity for 1 finger back/forward swipes.
- [SETUP-21] * Added detection of ARM based "Samsung Galaxy Book S".
- [SETUP-22] * Use new "Inno Setup" version 6.0.4 to build the setup installer.
This is a normal maintenance release. Due to a major bug, no downloads are available.
- [APP-239] * Fixed detection of "MacBookPro13,3" Bluetooth adapter power saving.
- [APP-242] * Fixed configuration option of battery charged alert.
- [APP-252] + Added "Space silver" color option to keyboard and mouse applications. These colors are used currently exclusively with the new Mac Pro.
- [APP-255] + Added reason why "License status can't be determined" and added link for "Reinstall device driver".
- [APP-256] * Buy now wizard: Fixed reappearing legacy licenses after ignoring an incomplete legacy license.
- [DRV-154] * Apple Wireless Keyboard: Fixed shift+delete (eject) not working.
- [APP-243] * Rearranged "Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad" F-Key settings. F13-F15 can now be toggled.
- [APP-244] * Ensure key mapping help windows is fully shown on the screen.
- [APP-253] * Renamed "Direct F-Keys" to "Lock fn key".
- [DRV-146] + Added option to ignore 1 and 2 finger (physical) clicks.
- [APP-199, 254] * Fixed descriptive service resource strings so Windows Event Log doesn't show confusing log descriptions.
- [APP-257] * Fixed global AppData folder was not correctly initialized.
- [SETUP-17] * Better detection of ARM computers. For now the Magic Utilities do support only x86 and x64 processors.
- [SETUP-20] + Use new "Inno Setup" version 6.0.3 to build the setup installer.
This is a major release. It fixes some issues, adds new features and config options.
Quick summary: Important changes since version 18.104.22.168:
- Added scroll and swipe sensitivity sliders for the mouse and trackpad apps. By lowering the sensitivity you can prevent accidental scrolling or swiping.
- New options to customize the battery alerts, help is here.
- The Magic Trackpad can now be used in rotated orientations of 90, 180 and 270 degrees. Here is an use case.
- Swiss German and Finish keyboard layouts have been added.
- A new settings storage location in the Windows Registry. We've added this for more reliable store access. The previous INI file storage had issues on some computers, especially in enterprise environments. The storage location can be switched via Settings > Settings storage. Help is here.
- Added option Drivers > Reinstall drivers on wake up. This might help if a device doesn't reconnect after a computer wake up from sleep.
Since version 22.214.171.124: When reinstalling the driver, the current driver gets uninstalled first.
- Added clear key option for "Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad" and a warning if NumLock is turn off.
- [APP-093] + Added option for controlled Exit or Restart of all apps within an app.
- [APP-150] + Added verification of service executable.
- [APP-183] + Added additional settings storage for Windows Registry. Help is here.
- [APP-217] + Added "Bluetooth adapter power saving" state to feedback info.
- [APP-210] &
[APP-221] + Added options when and whether battery alerts popup dialogs should be shown. Help is here.
- [APP-223] + Added option to toggle the Auto update desktop shortcut in the Windows menu.
- [APP-225] + Added scroll and swipe sensitivity sliders for all mouse and trackpad scroll and swipes.
- [APP-227] + Added name and state of installed anti-virus scanner(s) to feedback info.
- [APP-230] + Added help button for horizontal scrolling.
- [APP-233] + Added uninstall of current device driver before (re)installing the device driver again.
- [APP-144] * Updated OpenSSL binaries, Indy and BGRABitmap packages.
- [APP-203] * Fixed battery alerts reoccurring on "Don't remind me" set.
- [APP-206] * Fixed app crash on license import if global folder was not writable by the user.
- [APP-207] * Check if the global folder is writable on application start. Show a warning dialog if there is no write access.
- [APP-214] * Pre-populate more contact form fields in: Send feedback > Web form.
- [APP-215] * Fixed "Bluetooth adapter power saving" detection for some MacBook Pro models.
- [APP-218] * Fixed Bluetooth device restart popup did not always waiting for full device reconnection.
- [APP-224] * Fixed Restart/Reinstall popup showing even service was not running.
- [APP-224] * Fixed Restart popup not disappearing if a driver reinstall had been performed before.
- [APP-226] * Ensure the correct tab is activated when opening any Windows "Mouse Properties".
- [APP-228] * Fixed app crash on startup if main storage provider setting was not set.
- [APP-235] * Fixed binary license export, import and delete not working (version 126.96.36.199).
- [APP-224] * Fixed Reinstall popup not disappearing in some cases (version 188.8.131.52).
- [APP-238] * Fixed battery recharged warning shown on fully charged (version 184.108.40.206).
- [DRV-130] + Added option to disable the sleep shortcut (fn + space) in the modifiers popup menu.
- [DRV-222] + Added missing Finnish keyboard layout for small keyboards to the keyboard layout selector.
- [APP-234] + Added clear key option for "Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad" and a warning if NumLock is turn off.
- [APP-205] * Fixed settings not getting updated in the keyboard modifiers popup menu.
- [APP-236] * Fixed modifier mappings only party restored in some cases (version 220.127.116.11).
- [DRV-142] * Fixed ISO layout characters not swapped when other key(s) were still pressed (version 18.104.22.168).
Mouse + Trackpad
- [APP-205] + Added check if the Windows mouse pointer option: Enhance pointer precision is enabled at application startup and to the Windows menu.
- [DRV-025] + Added options to flip and swap the trackpads X/Y axis. This way you can rotate your trackpad orthogonally by 90, 180 and 270 degrees. The new options are available from Settings > Advanced settings. Here is an use case.
- [APP-211] * Fixed disabled "Restart device driver" power button in user interface.
- [DRV-131] * Fixed Magic Mouse left handed mode not restored on computer wake up.
- [APP-150] + Added verification for all service dependent executables.
- [APP-199] * Fixed missing resource strings in Magic Utilities Service executable. Start and stop of the service have now readable events in the Windows Event-Log
- [APP-208] * Fixed missing code singing of the Magic Utilities Service executable.
- [SETUP-17] + Prevent installing the Magic Utilities on computers with ARM processor, for now the Magic Utilities do support only x86 and x64 processors.
- [SETUP-18] + Prevent downgrade installation: Installing the Magic Utilities if the previous installed version is higher. For a downgrade a full uninstall has to be performed.
This is a normal maintenance release which addresses a rare issue with devices not working on wake up.
- [APP-197] + Added option Drivers > Reinstall drivers on wake, which might help if a device doesn't work after a computer wake up.
- [APP-197] * Fixed Drivers > Reinstall device drivers was grayed out.
- [APP-198] * Fixed device image not updating on retina screens.
Page 4 of 7