This is a significant update, we've been working on for a long time. Thank you for your patience.
The goal was to resolve the Smooth scrolling initialisation issues which randomly occurred for Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad users after the computer wakes up from sleep. Scrolling was too fast or too slow, and a Bluetooth radio toggle or a computer restart were required.
The actual root cause is Windows itself (we think). On Bluetooth connections, Windows sends the actual initialisation sequence not always to our drivers. If you have only one Magic Bluetooth device paired it usually works, but if you have an additional Bluetooth headphone paired which is powered off and you wake up your computer, there is a good chance that it doesn't work.
In this version we fixed bugs to workaround this issue, so the scrolling should never be too fast or to slow, but still might not be smooth. To solve the actual root cause we added:
- Individual driver restart option by the click of a button (or restart the driver automatically when required). This does not affect any other Bluetooth devices.
- Option to disable Smooth scrolling completely on Bluetooth connections for those users who don't care about Smooth scrolling.
- As a welcome side effect Bluetooth re-connections on wake up, restart or dropouts are now fully automatic, there is no need to click the mouse or trackpad to reconnect to Bluetooth anymore (unless you power cycle the device or noted otherwise).
|Licensed and trial version||Windows support||Version||Status||Release date|
|MagicUtilities-Setup-188.8.131.52-Win10.exe||Windows 10.0||184.108.40.206||Major update||22 Jan 2019|
|MagicUtilities-Setup-220.127.116.11-Win78.exe||Windows 7+8||18.104.22.168||Major update||22 Jan 2019|
Mouse and trackpad drivers
- [DRV-71] * Fixed scroll speed to high or too low after wakeup from sleep.
- [DRV-90] + Added multi-directional scrolling similar to macOS. Scrolling can be restricted to horizontal or vertical directions only.
- [DRV-61, 94, 98] * All new Bluetooth initialisation. There is no need to click your device to (re)connect to Bluetooth, except if you power cycle the device directly.
- [DRV-59, 98, APP-122] + Added new Bluetooth driver settings. In case Smooth scrolling (re) initialisation on wake up still doesn't work, Smooth scrolling can be disabled completely.
- [DRV-95] * Fixed unwanted mouse pointer movement when lifting the finger. This is a regression issue which exists since version 22.214.171.124.
- [APP-120, SETUP-8] + In case a driver update failed, display instructions on how to fix this.
- [APP-125,126] + Added individual device driver restart by the click of a button (or automatically). This is sometimes required when the "Smooth scrolling" driver initialisation is not performed by Windows. No more Bluetooth radio toggle or computer restarts required.
- [APP-121] + Added hint to trial expiry reminder that a license delivery may take up to 10 hours. Also fixed trial expiry date by one day.
- [APP-124] * Better device tab status icons (only visible if more than one device is connected).
- [APP-127] * Much fast user interface resize and redraw.
- [APP-128] + Added confirmation when swapping left/right mouse buttons as users sometimes click this by accident.
- [APP-129] + Added "Restart application" to the Exit main menu.
- + Activated "Control Flow Guard" compiler switch which makes Windows kernel code more secure and is highly recommended by Microsoft.