This is a major update with new features and many fixes.
- [DRV-74] * Fixed Driver error - Code 39 when "Windows Device Guard > Core Isolation > Memory Integrity" was turned on.
We assume this also solves Driver error - Code 37, but can't verify this as we still couldn't reproduce it.
- [APP-106] + Added Core Isolation > Memory Integrity to feedback diagnostic infos.
- [APP-22] + New settings storage schema in .ini files. Instead of a binary array, all device and driver settings are now stored with their full names. New features can now be added much easier. Existing settings are migrated, but there might be cases where this isn't possible and a dialog is shown.
Keyboard: Driver and application
- [APP-66] + Added support for Brightness keys F1 + F2. Works on Windows 8 + 10, internal displays only an the display driver must support this feature. In other words: It does not work on Windows 7 or external monitors.
- [APP-12] + Added auto repeat to all media function keys (F1, F2, F7, F9, F10, F11, F12) when holding down the key.
- [APP-48] + Added more F Key functions. Not all functions are supported with every playback software. Windows Media Play doesn't support fast rewind.
- F3 = Task view / Timeline
- F4 = Cycle through running applications
- Shift+F7 = Fast rewind
- Shift+F8 = Stop
- Shift+F9 = Fast forward
- [APP-48] * Fixed Media keys , , not working if the Magic Keyboard Utilities was not active / focused.
- [DRV-75] * Fixed battery display not updating for all Magic Keyboards on Bluetooth connections after power cycling.
Mouse + Trackpad: Drivers and applications
- [DRV-46], [DRV-61] * Fixed Smooth scrolling initialization for good.
No additional action required, no more warning popups. Smooth scrolling should always work even after Bluetooth pairing.
- [Drv-72] + Added customizable maximum scrolling offset. Some applications don't like large scrolling steps and the scrollbar starts bouncing. If you are affected, in "Settings > Advanced settings" set ScrollHoriLimit and ScrollVertiLimit to 2047 or lower.
Mouse: Drivers and application
- [DRV-53] * Fixed random actions / popup menus on mouse move for some Magic Mouse 1 models.
- [DRV-64] * Fixed Left handed mode not restored after wake up or power cycling the mouse.
Trackpad: Drivers and application
- [DRV-52] + Added 2 finger dragging. User can now click (anywhere) and hold with one finger (thumb) and drag / select with another finger (index finger).
- [DRV-38] * Removed mouse pointer micro jitter after moving to the target position when selecting or dragging. You can disable this in "Settings > Advanced settings" by setting MinMoveFreezeTime to 0.