This is a maintenance update which resolves some issues.
Version 126.96.36.199b fixes a driver error which occured only on Windows 32bit.
|Licensed and trial version||Windows support||Version||Status||Release date|
|MagicUtilities-Setup-188.8.131.52b-Win10.exe||Windows 10.0||184.108.40.206b||Normal update||9 Mar 2019|
|MagicUtilities-Setup-220.127.116.11b-Win78.exe||Windows 7+8||18.104.22.168b||Normal update||9 Mar 2019|
Mouse and trackpad driver and applications
- [DRV-107] * Fixed wrong scroll speed when power-cycling Magic Mouse 2 and Magic Trackpad 2.
- [APP-132] * Fixed "Restart device" sometimes not working when suggested to the user.
- [APP-140] * On Windows 10: A 4 finger tap now shows/hides the "Action Center" for better compatibility with the "Precision touchpad" settings.
- [DRV-61] * Removed WDF CoInstaller dependency on driver installation.
This is a normal update which fixes a license issues which occurred in some cases, among other cosmetic changes.
- [APP-41] * Fixed license not working in some cases.
- [APP-132] * Better automatic application exit when computer gets restarted or shut down.
- [APP-133] + The position of the application window is kept when restoring app from Windows system tray.
- [APP-134] + Added "Web news" to Help menu.
- [APP-136] * More driver/app communication errors show an error dialog.
- [APP-138] * Renamed "System" menu to "Windows" and moved it before the Help menu.
- [APP-139] + Added Windows edition and Windows 10 infos to "Send feedback" diagnostics.
Mouse and trackpad applications
- [APP-135] * "Scroll only vertical or horizontal" is enabled by default.
- [SETUP-12] + Added check if "Digital Guardian Endpoint Protection" is installed on the computer and show a warning that the Magic Utilities applications might not work, due to a bug in their framework.
This is a normal update which adds the feature to reinstall the device drivers via the main-menu Drivers > Reinstall device driver.
- [APP-130] + Added option to reinstall the device driver from the main-menu in the rare case the driver gets unassigned from the device. There is no need to completely reinstall the Magic Utilities.
- [DRV-105] + All drivers (and their timestamps) are now signed using the SHA256 digest algorithm.
- [DRV-104] * Fixed caps lock LED light not working (regression since 3.0.6.x).
This is a significant update, we've been working on for a long time. Thank you for your patience.
The goal was to resolve the Smooth scrolling initialisation issues which randomly occurred for Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad users after the computer wakes up from sleep. Scrolling was too fast or too slow, and a Bluetooth radio toggle or a computer restart were required.
The actual root cause is Windows itself (we think). On Bluetooth connections, Windows sends the actual initialisation sequence not always to our drivers. If you have only one Magic Bluetooth device paired it usually works, but if you have an additional Bluetooth headphone paired which is powered off and you wake up your computer, there is a good chance that it doesn't work.
In this version we fixed bugs to workaround this issue, so the scrolling should never be too fast or to slow, but still might not be smooth. To solve the actual root cause we added:
- Individual driver restart option by the click of a button (or restart the driver automatically when required). This does not affect any other Bluetooth devices.
- Option to disable Smooth scrolling completely on Bluetooth connections for those users who don't care about Smooth scrolling.
- As a welcome side effect Bluetooth re-connections on wake up, restart or dropouts are now fully automatic, there is no need to click the mouse or trackpad to reconnect to Bluetooth anymore (unless you power cycle the device or noted otherwise).
Mouse and trackpad drivers
- [DRV-71] * Fixed scroll speed to high or too low after wakeup from sleep.
- [DRV-90] + Added multi-directional scrolling similar to macOS. Scrolling can be restricted to horizontal or vertical directions only.
- [DRV-61, 94, 98] * All new Bluetooth initialisation. There is no need to click your device to (re)connect to Bluetooth, except if you power cycle the device directly.
- [DRV-59, 98, APP-122] + Added new Bluetooth driver settings. In case Smooth scrolling (re) initialisation on wake up still doesn't work, Smooth scrolling can be disabled completely.
- [DRV-95] * Fixed unwanted mouse pointer movement when lifting the finger. This is a regression issue which exists since version 22.214.171.124.
- [APP-120, SETUP-8] + In case a driver update failed, display instructions on how to fix this.
- [APP-125,126] + Added individual device driver restart by the click of a button (or automatically). This is sometimes required when the "Smooth scrolling" driver initialisation is not performed by Windows. No more Bluetooth radio toggle or computer restarts required.
- [APP-121] + Added hint to trial expiry reminder that a license delivery may take up to 10 hours. Also fixed trial expiry date by one day.
- [APP-124] * Better device tab status icons (only visible if more than one device is connected).
- [APP-127] * Much fast user interface resize and redraw.
- [APP-128] + Added confirmation when swapping left/right mouse buttons as users sometimes click this by accident.
- [APP-129] + Added "Restart application" to the Exit main menu.
- + Activated "Control Flow Guard" compiler switch which makes Windows kernel code more secure and is highly recommended by Microsoft.
Page 2 of 9